The inaugural ReNU CDT week took place at Northumbria University in mid-November and was a great opportunity for doctoral candidates in Cohort 1 to interact with industry partners and develop wider skills. The programme included:
- scientific presentations from the students;
- innovation training from industry;
- presentations from partners including the Institute for Clean and Renewable Energy, Wuhan, China;
- the 6th North East Energy Materials (NEEM) meeting;
- dinner at the Biscuit Factory in Newcastle;
- unconscious bias training; and
- a site visit to the Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult.